I Dig it 089


I Dig it 089 v. CD

Lado A
My Little Brown Book (Duke Ellington e John Coltrane) - gravação de John Coltrane (The Gentle Side of John Coltrane - 1973)

(letra)

With the silver binding
How it keeps reminding me
Of a memory
That's haunting me.
In some quiet nook
I go thru its pages
And peruse this ageless tale
Of a love that failed
To ever become true.
On this page is the date
Of that fateful night at eight
When I found you were no longer in love.
After that there's nothing more
Just a dark and futile door
That shuts out the stars above.
In my little book
I inscribed your heart vow
But since we're apart now
This and that last sweet kiss
Is all that's left of you
Is all that's left of you.

Homo Sapiens: Refletindo sobre a Mudança - Os Mercadores de Letras

Lado B
I Could Write A Book (Lorenz Hart/Richard Rodgers) - gravação de Anita O'Day (album Anita O'Day And Billy May Swing Rodgers & Hart - 1960)

(letra)

If they asked me, I could write a book;
About the way you walk, and whisper;
And look.
I could write a preface;
On how we met;
So the world will never forget.

And the simple;
Secret of the plot;
Is just to tell them;
That I love you, huge a lot.
Then the world discovers;
As my book ends;
How to make two lovers of friends

Background: Art Tatum interpretando: Dardanela, Nice work if you can get it, Sweet Lorraine, You took advantage of me, Someone to watch over me, Makin' Whoopee, Aunt Hagar's Blues (toads da coletânea Art of Keys) e Blues in C (da coletânea The Group Masterpieces)

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas